Friday, February 22, 2013

Skywatch Friday - Akshi Beach, Alibag

Every week, as Friday approaches and I go hunting for an image to post as part of Skywatch Friday, I lose myself among all the images I have clicked.... re-live the memories of all those trips... and wish I was there again!





Today's image is from the Akshi Beach at Alibag.... clicked on an impulsive trip with my cousins. I have loads of photos of the beach, of the trees, of the water... but this is among my favourites. It was early in the morning and we were waiting for the sun to rise. And these were people already at work... ferrying the water scooters for the adventure sports... to the next beach....



It has been almost two months since the year began, and I have been stuck at home. Two months without travel is a long period for me, but we are governed by school, not our desire to travel alone. As I post these pics, I hope the opportunity for travel comes again... soon!

Meanwhile, here are some of my posts about Alibag


You can brighten up your day with more wonderful images on the Skywatch Friday page

33 comments :

  1. Interesting click!

    www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots!
    Have a great day!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shantana! have a grt weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Amen to that Anu for both of us.

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mridula!!! Hope your airline woes end soon and u get to travel once more!

      Delete
  4. very nice. hope you find more travel soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Photo cache! hope ur words come true!

      Delete
  5. Lovely shot Anu

    It appears that when you are not travelling you are journeying through your pictures!!

    Heres to great travel stories from you this year too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sowmya!I am always journeying thru my pictures.. which is why work never gets done at home!!! hope i can write more this year though!

      Delete
  6. The Scooters look like a little train on the beach... good capture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Desi Traveler!! it does look a little like a train!

      Delete
  7. nice clicks
    happy Skywatch Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great serie of photos!
    Happy SWF to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy travels have fun finding new photo opportunities

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely place to be, the kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its indeed a lovely place for kids, Shalu! and for us adults too.. the best place to relax!

      Delete
  11. Good ones. Alibaug is an interesting place too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a nice beach, someplace relaxing to go to. Thank you for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Please leave a comment for me so that I will know you have been here....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin